30.1.07

Busy Busy Busy

I know I haven't been updating much since the year started. Life's not always a bed of roses and so unhappy events, I'm not going to blog about it. I'm a bit senile nowadays which is good because at least I'm only remembering stuffs which I am supposed to remember.

I got myself enrolled to a gym recently. It's a tough decision to make but for health's sake, I hope my effort do pay off somehow. It's a good thing because I'm not gyming alone (which also means I won't embarass myself alone). Anyway, there are no bad comments about my gym (except that it's far from school and home) and it's not crowded at all (which is what I like). Honestly, I don't know whether by merely lifting weights, I can gain muscle mass or not. Mr J recommended protein powder but I took it before and it somehow didn't clique with my tummy. So protein powder is definitely a no - no.

My darling suggested taking more meat especially chicken breast and beef instead. I only like pork and really detest chicken especially the breaded kind. As for beef, I hardly touch beef because I only like beef in steamboat or in stew.

And so yah, I'm keeping myself fit and I hope to put on some weight in a few months time.

What changed my mind to head to the gym?
  • My mom says I'm too thin
  • My darling says I'm too thin
  • My relatives say I'm too thin
  • Edric says I'm too thin
  • Karine says I'm too thin
  • My hairstylist says I'm too thin
  • Mr J says I look better if I bulk up

Nope, they aren't the reason I wanted to gain weight. I bumped into Gabby recently and he's the one that changed me. Gabby is skinny like mine and when I saw him (his built) and his towering height (how come he suddenly grow so tall), I'm determined to put on weight and muscles. Of course, I'm not aiming to be some body builder - in fact I think it's scary putting on so many muscles. I just want to look like I'm healthy.

Doing yoga trains my mental strength, gym trains my physical strength. Hmm, so I'm going to be a healthy person.

Then again, my body is still not conditioned because I haven't really exercise vigorously for the past 4 years. I'm unhealthy, have hidden body fat, high cholestrol, whatever - I'm keeping myself fit now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home