22.12.06

No Floods!!!

The temporary loss of my card didn't really spoil my day. Come to think of it, maybe it's a sign I need to work within the budget that my friends set. Still, I have my extra cold hard Singapore dollars on hand when I'm overseas.

Maybe I'm going to find it a chore if I'm paying meals at cafes with notes. Somehow, I don't like digging into the pockets of that little book (I don't know what is it called) where the bill and change are. It can be stressful especially the waiter/ waitress is waiting for you to return them that black book.

I'm going to digress from my card issue now.

While I was on my way home, I suddenly had the urge to drink bubble tea. I know bubble tea is bad (considering the amount of sugar that is consumed in one drink) but I don't know why I wanted to drink it. All I can recall was that the last time I had a bubble tea was months ago. It was raining, the weather was freaking cold but I still want bubble tea.

Unable to resist the temptation, I ordered one drink from Sweet Talk. I felt the bubble tea did miracles to me. After the drink, I don't feel like having one probably for months again.

A $1.20 drink and it managed to make me not crave for it for another few months. Hmm, wow...

I kinda like the weather nowadays. I love the raining pouring down especially in the night. It's troublesome having to carry an umbrella around because you won't know when it's going to rain. However, the plus side is that the cold draft forces me to put on extra clothing for warmth and comfort.

There's no need for a person around to supply me with warmth. All that I need is my
jacket.

I don't understand what's so romantic getting caught in the rain. I was talking to Jo over dinner on this whole thing about how me and She got caught in the rain on Sunday.

We were crossing the road when it started to rain. I wanted to hasten my footstep because I don't want to get drenched.

Me: Can you walk faster cause the rain's getting heavier.
She: Don't you think it's romantic, walking in the rain?
Me: I don't see anything romantic in getting drenched.

Jo gave her point of view, saying that if I stop thinking of getting drench in the rain, the idea of walking in the rain IS romantic. I too, gave my point of view of romantism (is there such a word?) in the rain.

I think it is romantic if two people are walking in the rain, sheltered by an umbrella and provided the rain is just a drizzle. If it's a heavy downpour, I think the most important is to get our asses to a dry spot. It's very easier to catch a chill under such weather conditions. And of course, there's this fear of getting struck by lightning.

Whatever the case, I don't think I'm a romantic person. Ya, so that's about it.

While out shopping with Jo, I bought this birthday present for my friend. Jo was felt that I should get the same gift for She (and pass it to her on X'mas eve). She felt that the gift is more suitable for She. Anyway the birthday present I got for my friend is this stuffed bear which I had to make myself. I didn't sew the bear up - I just contributed in stuffing wool inside. So I think there's this little bit of sincerity, to a certain extent it's very personalised.

I couldn't think of what to buy for my friend as a present so I decided to get a stuffed toy. Afterall, I think girls go ga - ga over adorable stuffed toys. On top of that, I didn't intend to get a present. Initially I wanted to give a treat but my friend called me up and said she got me a X'mas gift. Sigh, thus I had to get something to double up as a birthday cum X'mas gift.

And so, I told Jo that we aren't an item yet and why do I need to get She a X'mas present. I might not be meeting She on the 24th because I'm gonig to pass my friend her belated birthday present.

Well, if eventually me and She are going out on the 24th, I'll just bring her to that bear making shop and let her choose her X'mas gift.

I know 24th is going to be exceptionally crowded. I've no plans with my close friends because we can't decide where to go. Thus, I think staying home is going to be the option for me. Furthermore, I'm leaving for KL on the 25th early morning.

I more concerned about the highway not gettting flooded with the heavy downpour that might come on the 25th morning. I don't see any big deal in going out on X'mas eve. I don't want to queue for hours just to have a crap X'mas meals in some restaurants. I'm not a Christian, why should I celebrate an occasion which is not for me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting reading

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home