To Hell She Shall Go
After 1 more paper, I think I'm done with examinations. I cannot predict how my life is going to be - without examinations anymore. Considering the first time I had my exam (in primary 1), I already partake in 6(2) + 1 + 4(2) + 1 + 2(2) +1 + 4(2) = 35 examinations!
And that's not including the numerous class tests, quarterly common tests, mock exams.
I think that's a lot of exams - don't forget I didn't include the number of papers per exam. 35 examinations within a period of 16 years. Gosh!
I'm going to graduate as an engineer and although I hate being one, I just don't see what jobs I'm suited for. Let's digress from what my ambition is. When it's time to look for a job proper, I'll do it. I did my 3rd paper for my last examination (maybe it's not going to be my last if I suddenly decided to further my studies somehow/ somewhere) today.
I stress, I'm holding an engineering degree and I don't know why this question came out. I don't think it's relevant to be tested. In short, damn this female lecturer.
First, she did attendance taking in all her lectures as marks for CA. Now, she set a question which don't really assess a student's understanding in this module.
Attendance taking is not compulsory but she made it so because she was fucking too lazy to set a paper for a quiz. I don't see a connection in being present for all lectures and getting good grades. I can be present for the lecture but my mind is not with the lecturer. Moreover with online lecture recordings, I can listen to the lecture more attentively at my own comfort. Anyway, she's a bitch - period.
Back to the question she set, it's obviously not gaging the student's understanding at all.
It's a true/false question, meaning we need to identify whether the statement was true or false and it's worth 3 marks.
There are 3 milestones in the history of modern technology:
And that's not including the numerous class tests, quarterly common tests, mock exams.
I think that's a lot of exams - don't forget I didn't include the number of papers per exam. 35 examinations within a period of 16 years. Gosh!
I'm going to graduate as an engineer and although I hate being one, I just don't see what jobs I'm suited for. Let's digress from what my ambition is. When it's time to look for a job proper, I'll do it. I did my 3rd paper for my last examination (maybe it's not going to be my last if I suddenly decided to further my studies somehow/ somewhere) today.
I stress, I'm holding an engineering degree and I don't know why this question came out. I don't think it's relevant to be tested. In short, damn this female lecturer.
First, she did attendance taking in all her lectures as marks for CA. Now, she set a question which don't really assess a student's understanding in this module.
Attendance taking is not compulsory but she made it so because she was fucking too lazy to set a paper for a quiz. I don't see a connection in being present for all lectures and getting good grades. I can be present for the lecture but my mind is not with the lecturer. Moreover with online lecture recordings, I can listen to the lecture more attentively at my own comfort. Anyway, she's a bitch - period.
Back to the question she set, it's obviously not gaging the student's understanding at all.
It's a true/false question, meaning we need to identify whether the statement was true or false and it's worth 3 marks.
There are 3 milestones in the history of modern technology:
- Feynman predicted things, which have been vital to us in nanotechnology field, in his 1959 talk.
- Ruska, Binnig and Rohrer invented STM in 1984.
- Smalley, Kroto and Curl discovered Buckminsterfullerene, in 1991.
I know I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Nothing seems wrong with this sentence so I gave it a "True". The answer was "False" because Buckminsterfullerene was discovered in 1985.
I'm not a historian! And who the hell will take note of such minute details in the lecture notes. There wasn't much emphasis placed on this historical discovery either. 3 marks gone but I think I'll manage to clear the paper with a good pass anyway. I also need to take into account I didn't get marks for attending a single lecture.
Oh, to hell she shall go.
I forgot to add that this module was an open book exam last year. Now she made it a closed book. What the...
I'm not a historian! And who the hell will take note of such minute details in the lecture notes. There wasn't much emphasis placed on this historical discovery either. 3 marks gone but I think I'll manage to clear the paper with a good pass anyway. I also need to take into account I didn't get marks for attending a single lecture.
Oh, to hell she shall go.
I forgot to add that this module was an open book exam last year. Now she made it a closed book. What the...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home