Shoes!!!
Is it because this year, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day are so close that everyone's so busy shopping for items? Be it clothes, goodies or presents for their other halves, I actually bumped into 2 of my friends in the same place in 2 days. Coincidence?
Yesterday, I bumped into Huiling and the next thing was a brisk shopping spree at Tampines Mall. Today, I met up with Ah Boy for dinner at Tampines Mall (again) and I bumped into Janet. I finally got a pair of jeans to go with my top on CNY, however for my shoes, my size was out of stock. I know the shop's crowded but the salesgirls should at least still provide a good service. One girl didn't check out my shoe size as requested and she placed the shoe which I asked her to check back on the display. Another girl gave me a card containing telephone numbers of the various branches in Singpore and asked me to call and check for the sizes myself.
I'm still determined to get my shoes. No matter what, unless they still don't have my size available on CNY eve.
Valentine's Day. What should I do. It's so commercialised now and I just want to stay home and rot. I think it's a stupid move to buy flowers knowing that the prices are jacked up to 50% or even higher. And I think it's even stupid to peddle flowers on the streets. It's not even Valentine's Day yet just now but I've already seen those "xiao hun hun" selling flowers outside the train stations.
It is even stupider and the obvious lack of sincerity to buy flowers on the spot and pass it to your other half. I bought no flowers and I will not buy flowers on this day. We already decided to spend time kara - oking our throats away (since it's only $12+++ per person for 5 hours at KBox). Afterwhich, it's dinner and shopping for her CNY clothes.
And of course, we won't be patronising any restaurants at the shopping malls. Obviously, there are going to be terrible long queues. We are heading to a cafe which isn't going to crowded.
Yesterday, I bumped into Huiling and the next thing was a brisk shopping spree at Tampines Mall. Today, I met up with Ah Boy for dinner at Tampines Mall (again) and I bumped into Janet. I finally got a pair of jeans to go with my top on CNY, however for my shoes, my size was out of stock. I know the shop's crowded but the salesgirls should at least still provide a good service. One girl didn't check out my shoe size as requested and she placed the shoe which I asked her to check back on the display. Another girl gave me a card containing telephone numbers of the various branches in Singpore and asked me to call and check for the sizes myself.
I'm still determined to get my shoes. No matter what, unless they still don't have my size available on CNY eve.
Valentine's Day. What should I do. It's so commercialised now and I just want to stay home and rot. I think it's a stupid move to buy flowers knowing that the prices are jacked up to 50% or even higher. And I think it's even stupid to peddle flowers on the streets. It's not even Valentine's Day yet just now but I've already seen those "xiao hun hun" selling flowers outside the train stations.
It is even stupider and the obvious lack of sincerity to buy flowers on the spot and pass it to your other half. I bought no flowers and I will not buy flowers on this day. We already decided to spend time kara - oking our throats away (since it's only $12+++ per person for 5 hours at KBox). Afterwhich, it's dinner and shopping for her CNY clothes.
And of course, we won't be patronising any restaurants at the shopping malls. Obviously, there are going to be terrible long queues. We are heading to a cafe which isn't going to crowded.

1 Comments:
I dont think people prefer shoes to buy as a valentine gift..very few do get shoes as valentine gifts..Anyways good post yaar..Keep posting.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home